“If our ancestors could awaken from their graves, they could not but look with approbation upon their descendants … confident that the cause of liberty for which they fought could not be left in better hands than those which maintained it on the bloody fields of Manassas, of Shiloh, and of Sharpsburg. A hundred years hence, and we, too … will assume the proportions of Paladins, and with ghostly hands thrust from our unforgotten graves, challenge future generations to prove themselves men by measuring their strength, their virtue and their heroism with out own.”
Henry Timrod, February 1864
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
- Lincoln and Slavery too!
- United States War Criminals
- Picture the headlines: PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE ADMI...
- "And guide our coward feet"
- The Unionist from Greensboro
- Paladins of Liberty's Cause
- WE SHALL ACHIEVE A NAME, WHETHER WE SUCCEED OR FAI...
- Millions of American children are returning to sch...
- "Yet all must be endured ..."
- Strom Thurmond Haunts Connecticut
- "Remembering the days ..."
- For your edification and amusement,...
- Stephen Dill Lee was born in Charleston, South Car...
- “Forcibly to destroy slavery was to destroy the p...
- His religion was America
- "The Angel of Marye's Heights"
- “The state’s rights interpretation of the Constit...
- The Man Who Put the Flag on the Dome
- Stonewall Jackson's Way
- The Faith of Wade Hampton
- What he really meant was ...
- "It was a sad day ..."
- Caribbean Choices
- Still true!
- Points to Ponder
- ▼ August (25)