The U.S. Navy is terribly embarrassed over a San Diego barracks built in the shape of a huge swastika, and is scrambling to obscure the symbol with $600,000 worth of landscaping. It's difficult to see how its design could have been a mistake, though we hope it was no more than that and, after all, it was a government project. But it doesn't take a Google satellite image to note the striking similarities between the architecture of Hitler's Reich and Roosevelt's New Deal. As an example, above are images of the Federal Reserve Board Building, Washington, D.C.; and of the Reich Chancellery, Berlin. Now that's embarrassing!
Monday, October 1, 2007
- Missouri Wildfires
- "Maybe it was hell for some of them Yankees ..."
- Another book we recommend: DOWNSIZING THE U.S.A.
- "How long will you falter between two opinions? I...
- DeRosa's new book is now available!
- Henry Timrod's World Tour
- Secession: America's oldest tradition
- The sincerest form of flattery ...
- ▼ October (8)